Tallawarra Homestead is committed to environmental and sustainability practices that have positive effects on the environment. From the onset of Tallawarra Homestead strategic planning, the focus has always been to ensure harmonious balance between comfort and relaxation, and that of responsible and sustained practices.
Waste Management & Recycling
- Rubbish is collected weekly by the local council. Recycle items (bottles, plastic containers) are collected fortnightly
- Newspapers are used throughout the property in garden beds as a base to suppress weed growth, and part of our recycling program.
- Council has a hard goods collection every six month which allows disposal of large containers, paint tins, non-operating appliances
- At all times we strive to reduce, reuse and recycle
- Excess food left after guests leave is now provided to the Food Bank in Warragul. This has not only provided food to those who require assistance, but has also reduced our food wastage considerably10 Environment:
- Use of environmentally friendly cleaning products that are biodegradable • Use of glasses and tap water in rooms instead of bottled water.
- We promote and develop our guest understanding of the natural environment with guided tours of the bush block and information related to the care of wildlife.
- We source wood on the property to use in our fires. We have a qualified arborist that works within guidelines set out, to only cut wood from suitable dead trees that do not harbor wildlife, and fall within regulations as set by local council
- 133,000 Litre rainwater tank
- Modern dual flush toilets
- All taps have 9-liter flow restrictors
- All showers have been fitted with 9-liter water restrictors (you will still have a great shower!)
- Miele appliances (washing machine and Dishwasher) Miele is renowned for their low water consumption.
- All rainwater is harvested from the main house roof and used throughout the homestead Waste Management:
- Biocycle Waste Treatment plant is used for all water and waste product from the homestead. The waste is then recycled into an area that serves as a fire break for bushfires
- The system is checked every three months to ensure system efficiency, and treatment meets local council guidelines, which receive a copy of the site inspection by the contracted technician.
- Due to the fact that the Biocycle relies on natural bacteria being present to breakdown household waste, harsh detergents i.e. bleach cannot be used in areas that may affect the Bio System.
- Maintenance program to support local grasses native species and reduce weed development are part of a wholistic approach to the land
True 5-star luxury. Delicious food, wonderful venue, and deeply relaxing.
We spent most of our time enjoying the newly built massive sunroom with wrap around windows on 3 sides.
We truly recommend Tallawarra B&B for down time with stunning Aussie views.
The rooms and the properties were in immaculate condition, and the bed was so good we found it very difficult to get up in the mornings.
Loved everything about the homestead ... super comfortable beds, very clean, beautiful, peaceful, private and quiet. Definitely unique place to spend few days.
Andre and Janine were absolutely amazing hosts. they were so lovely. The property was clean, comfortable and seeing the kangaroos bouncing across the grounds was a highlight.
The hosts are delightful, friendly, and helpful in every way. Would highly recommend as a place to unwind and enjoy the beautiful countryside.
If I could rate this accommodation and service a 100 I would. This placed warmed our hearts, even more so for the service and kind, gentle 5 star service of the host/hostess.
The homestead is a short drive from Melbourne, but isolated such that the
tranquillity of open space and forest surrounds you and immediately provides a sense of peace and quiet. Highly recommended and we'll be back to recharge.