Tallawarra Homestead is committed to environmental and sustainability practises that have positive actions to our environment.
From the onset of Tallawarra Homestead strategic planning was introduced to ensure a harmonious balance between comfort and relaxation, and that of responsible and sustained practises. We are not greenies, but answerable individuals who have a strong connection to the land, and for the ongoing commitment to a sustainable and well balanced planet.
- 133,000 Litre rainwater tank
- Modern dual flush toilets
- All taps have 9 litre flow restrictors
- All showers have been fitted with 9 litre water restrictors (you will still have a great shower!)
- Miele appliances (washing machine and Dishwasher) Miele is renowned for their low water consumption.
- All rainwater is harvested from the main house roof and used throughout the house
- Biocycle Waste Treatment plant is used for all water and waste product from the house. The waste is then recycled into an area that will feature a formal garden (under development)
- On demand instant hot water systems are installed, providing heated water only when required.
- Master control panel ensures all power and lighting can be turned off when rooms are unoccupied, or not in use
- Ecohalogen globes are used throughout the house resulting in less energy consumed when compared against normal globes
- Daiken Inverter air conditioners are featured throughout Tallawarra B&B. Daiken was selected for its technology and energy saving features.
- Guests are encouraged to assist in helping us maintain our environmental credentials by using water wisely and reusing bathroom towels
- Use of environmentally friendly cleaning products
- Use of glasses and tap water in rooms instead of bottle water
- We promote and develop our guest understanding of the natural environment
- We source wood on the property to use in our fires. We have a qualified arborist that works within guidelines set out, to only cut wood from suitable dead trees that do not harbour wildlife, and fall within regulations as set by local council
- Maintenance program to support local grasses native species and reduce weed development